Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Tis The Season!

Its been a busy couple of days lately. Yesterday i went to the mall with my Aunt J and Mom to do a little bit of shopping. I finally fount the perfect winter coat that i absolutely adore at Rue 21 and my mom bought me an adorable pair of slippers! (All pictured below).





Today has been just as busy cleaning, food shopping and then coming home to make my homemade chocolate chip smores cookies for my little sister to take to school to give out to her friends as presents. I guess its a good thing i LOVE baking! 34 cookies & 18 candy canes later here is the finish product. I just love this time of year because the simplest things as cookies make the greatest gift.


 I thought my little sister had left over Hershey bars from Halloween but she didn't so i included a picture with them and the recipe for those who want to make these yourselves!


Chocolate Chip Smores Cookies
INGREDIENTS:

1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup graham cracker crumbs
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 dash of cinnamon
1 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 eggs
2 cups miniature chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
2 Hershey bars

INSTRUCTIONS:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
In a medium bowl stir together the flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking soda, salt, and dash of cinnamon. In a second larger bowl beat together the butter, sugars, and vanilla extract until creamy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Slowly beat in the flour mixture until smooth. Stir in the chocolate chips. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto a greased cookie sheet.

Bake for 7 minutes. While cookies are baking, coarsely chop the Hershey’s bars. Remove the cookies from the oven. Push 3 to 4 marshmallows and a few pieces of the chocolate into each cookie. Return to the oven and bake an additional 3-4 minutes until fully cooked. Remove from oven, and cool 3-4 minutes on cookie sheet, and then transfer cookies to a wire rack to finish cooling.

3 comments:

  1. Ohhhh those cookies sound SO good!
    I am gonna make my best friend, aka my baker, make them for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We made these.
    AND they were ahhhhhhmazing!
    Thanks so much for the advice :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love love love that coat! I've been looking for one like that forever! It's so simple and classic you think it would be easy to find but NOPE! glad you found one so nice!

    ReplyDelete